I downloaded Intellij 8 the other day and as usual it was full of wonderful goodies:
- Freemarker support, at last - syntax colouring, and freemarker stacktrace navigation from the console: awesome! [UPDATE] and navigation between templates included with the
- Git support, at last!
- Hibernate: uses reverse-data-flow to find some strings which will become HQL queries, and highlights appropriately. Wow. I mean: wow, that must have been hard work, especially for something that isn't really all that essential ...
- Little "close" button on each tab (the way web browsers do it), so I don't have to right-click and choose "close tab" any more. This is great. One of those little details.
- Recognises associated source code when I update a dependency and its source - which I do a lot because some code for some projects is split into a separate project. Previously it would get all confused and not find the source any more.
- Option to silence "Open in new frame" dialog when opening a new project. This is really annoying: most annoying dialogs come with a "don't ask this again" option - but not this one. Go away, pesky dialog!